Thursday, May 26, 2005

Stupid oblivious girls.

Alright, so I am a neglegent blogger, not that anyone reads this anyway. It's been 2 months. I am back, with hopefully more updates as I have a lot to say. Or I will, as soon as I unclog my head from useless information that I will have to aquire for finals that start next week.
Anyway, so yesterday my class went on a Chesed Trip to Otsar, an organization that helps mentally disabled adults. We made pillowcases with them that are going to be donated to the childrens ward of a nearby hospital. So, we did a chesed within a chesed, and that makes me feel really good. I am also especially interested in psychology and mental disabilities so that was a learning experience for me as well. These people are much more aware of their surroundings than we people who, Baruch Hashem, have fully functioning bodies, actually think.
We arrived, and all of the members of Otsar were sitting down, and doing activities that are suitable for maybe a first grade level. Some of them were crying out in joy, while others were rocking back and forth, but all of them smiled when we arrived. (That's not the part that bothers me.)
The thing that bothers me to no end about this trip though, is that the girls in my class are so clueless when it comes to mentally disabled people. When some girls in my class see someone who is not as fortunate as them to have a fully functioning body, the girls see these people and they go "Oh, they are so cute!" as coo over them as if they are babies. These people are NOT babies. These people have complex feelings, they are aware of whats going on, some more than others. But the way that these girls see these special people are as if they are animals, or primitive beings that they are there to help do primitive activities. This absolutely disgusts me. These people with these special problems are still PEOPLE. They are not empty, oblivious things. But they just require a different way of communication. I really wish that these girls would be a little less tactless and a little less STUPID when it comes to mentally disabled people.
Yeah okay, rant over. Phew.
ANYWAY.
After that, we went to pizza and we saw a video from Zaka, the organization that not only saves countless lives, but also collects every bit of human flesh and every drop of human blood and gives it a proper burial. We then were spoken to by one of the founders, Rabbi Uri, the man who came up with the brilliant idea of making motorcycle medical units. It was absolutely amazing and inspiring.
So yeah, there is my update. A bit more substantial than my school production, no?
Anyway, I am off to do something a bit more productive and study or something. Next class starts at 10:34. Machshava. Eww.
Toodles.

2 Comments:

Blogger callieischatty said...

:+}

1:20 PM  
Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

Well, girls are stupid and oblivious.
*duck*

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home