Thursday, November 24, 2005

So much for not being negligent.

Alrighty, well, it's been a few months since I last blogged, yet again. School is back in full swing so that has taken up alot of my time and desire to blog.
Here are a few updates:
The Rebbetzin has been actually extremely good lately. We're getting along quite well and she's much less intimidating than she was in previous years. This year she teaches Tehillim (Psalms) instead of Machshava (How to think according to her) so there is less for me to disagree about. I think I've also gotten better at accepting that she is entitled to her own opinions-and I to mine. So deal with it bwuahaha.
This past Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan I was asked to (Read: guilted into) prepare and give a speech on the month. As much of a loudmouth as I come across as online, in reality I'm not. My teacher asked me to speak and I was forced to say yes, even though I can't speak. I freeze up, shake and stutter my words out, babbling like an idiot. I don't even speak coherently in classroom discussions!
However, I found and wrote up a speech (with the help of my father) and I prepared myself to give it.
My prinicpal called my name and I walked up the aisle of the school library, with 200 pairs of eyes staring at me. I arrived at the podium and I had to grab onto the sides to stop my body and voice from shaking too obviously, but I said it and said it without screwing up!
Finally finished, I walked back to my seat, flaming red but relieved at being finished. The cool thing is, my principal wrote a letter home to my parents saying how well I spoke and how much she enjoyed it! That's definitely increased my opinion of her!
But as far as speaking goes....never again.
Anyway, an update about my cousin's engagement: HE'S GETTING MARRIED THIS SUNDAY!
I'm extremely excited about it. I wrote in my previous entry how much this means to me, and it hasn't faded since I wrote it. He's just so happy and he literally gets this glow in his eyes when he talks about his Kallah. It's adorable and I'm so incredibly happy for him! Mazal tov!
Anyway, I would promise to update more often....but it ain't gonna happen so I'll see you in 3 months!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

You ought to post the dvar Torah :)

I didn't help that much...it was mostly you. I only critique.

(Uh-oh - I have to come up with a Dvar Torah for the sheva brachos! Time to panic!)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home